Thursday, May 24, 2012

Where Did I Put That Instruction Manual Again?



As a mother of three boys and one girl, plus an ever changing number of foster kids, I cannot even begin to put a number on the amount of times I have laid on our bathroom floor trying to comfort one sick child in one arm, while at the same time yelling to the other boys to "QUIET DOWN!! Can't they obviously see we are sick in here?," While in the other arm trying to help another " I forgot I have a book report due tomorrow" child attempt to kindly and patiently finish their last minute homework. All the while being distracted with the thought that, perhaps yelling at the boys to quiet down, was not my most well thought out and effective mom move as the thundering stampede that is

Undoubtedly a good game of cop and robber is getting closer and closer to the barricade I am attempting to create in our now lovely smelling, and cozy little bathroom.

It is in these moments, that I often wonder, where in the world did I put that instruction manual for these kids again?

Oh wait that’s right...

I never got one!!!

I guess mine must still be on back order and I say waving my fist to the sky, "  and it seems as if no one is in too much of a hurry to fill my repeated requests for copies!"

Hopefully if you are reading this, you are too, going down the same road without a specialized book of instructions as to the best ways to raise each one of our individual children to be happy, and somewhat sane, successful adults.

Hopefully you, like me, wake up each day, and pray that your children won't catch on to the fact that you have absolutely no idea what you are doing, but have become an expert at sporting the "all mighty mom" knows all poker face.

I am dedicating this blog to those of us who are doing the best we can, and every now and then just need a good laugh and a pat on the shoulder letting us know that doing the best we can, just happens to be, just enough.

My purpose in writing this blog is to make you smile, make you laugh out loud, and to make you confident that the job you are doing as a mother is nothing short of a miracle every day. Once a week I will be sharing a funny story and hopefully sharing some of my favorite parenting and teaching tricks that I have learned and am learning, along the way. Please, if you have some parenting nugget of genius, share it here. Let’s see if we can help get some of those backordered instruction manuals out of production, and on the shelves.

Enjoy.....

4 comments:

  1. Love it Awb! Keep up the great work. I am excited to see where this goes!! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is now on my must read list! I can't wait to follow along as I know the laughs will be plentiful and I have sooo much to learn from such a wonderful seasoned mother such as yourself. I'm already hooked. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for you, Awbs!! Can't wait for more, love you tons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone..May we all laugh together.

    ReplyDelete